Travel agents have access to a variety of tools that the average consumer is not able to use or doesn’t know about. They can sometimes get you a better seat on an airplane, added amenities at hotels, room upgrades, event tickets, and plan activities for you.
- 1 Why do people choose travel agents?
- 2 What are the benefits of using a travel agent?
- 3 Why is it a good idea to book through a travel agent?
- 4 How do I choose a travel agent?
- 5 Is it worth becoming a travel agent?
- 6 What are the benefits of using a travel agent compared to the Internet?
- 7 How does a travel agent work?
- 8 How do travel agents find the best deals?
- 9 How do I become a good travel consultant?
Why do people choose travel agents?
Agents are trained destination and product experts and know how to sort through the myriad of travel information available. Their industry knowledge and network means they have access to the best product suppliers and first-to-market offers to ensure you get access to the best quality travel experiences.
What are the benefits of using a travel agent?
Benefits of Using A Travel Agent
- Travel is their expertise. The #1 benefit of using a travel agent when it comes to booking your family travel is because travel is their expertise.
- Destination knowledge.
- Cost savings.
- Travel assistance.
- Decreased stress.
Why is it a good idea to book through a travel agent?
From guaranteeing your hotel is available to knowing if the excursion company is legitimate, booking through a travel agent ensures travelers will not get duped. And they provide insurance for medical emergencies and trip cancellations.
How do I choose a travel agent?
Here are a few tips:
- Look for the right certification. If the agent is a member of the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) (www.asta.org), that’s a promising sign.
- If at all possible, stay local. There’s no substitute for the personal touch.
- Interview the agent.
- Find out how they react under pressure.
Is it worth becoming a travel agent?
Travel agents are among the most common and revered workers in the industry. If you love traveling or helping people fulfill their travel dreams, becoming a travel agent might be an excellent option. Nowadays, we all want a job that is flexible enough to save you some you-time while still promising financial stability.
What are the benefits of using a travel agent compared to the Internet?
Travel agents will use their expertise to get discounts you may not find online. If you don’t like the nuts and bolts of planning, using a travel agent will save you the headache of making sure you have worked out all the details of your trip. The agent will make sure your accommodations match up with your itinerary.
How does a travel agent work?
A traveler works with a travel agent and finalizes their itinerary. The travel agent makes the booking and is credited with the booking via their accreditation number. The commission is paid to the travel agent. For most trips, the vendor pays commission to the travel agent after the client has traveled.
How do travel agents find the best deals?
They obtain much of their information from the same sources as the booking sites we use. Additionally, they receive daily deals via e-mails and faxes that cannot always be found on the Internet. Travel agents also can make phone calls and have direct communication with resorts and hotels to bargain for better deals.
How do I become a good travel consultant?
9 Ways to Become a Better Travel Agent
- Be Dependable. “Picking up the phone or quickly answering email is the first step to being a great travel agent,” said Alex Dalton, Travel with Alex, an affiliate of Travel Experts.
- Pay Attention to Detail.
- Be Inquisitive.
- Be Organized.
- Learn Damage Control.
- Be Kind.
- Be Resourceful.