Make sure you have the best trip by asking all the right questions when booking your next cruise.
Basic Cruise Ship Questions
- How big is the cruise ship?
- How many passengers can it hold?
- Is the cruise line reputable?
- Does this specific cruise have good reviews?
- How often does this specific cruise run?
- 1 What do first time cruisers need to know?
- 2 What questions should I ask a travel agent?
- 3 How much commission do travel agents make on cruises?
- 4 What information would you need before deciding to purchase tickets for a cruise?
- 5 How long should my first cruise be?
- 6 What is the first thing you do when you go on a cruise?
- 7 Can you negotiate with a travel agent?
- 8 What would you look for in a good travel agent?
- 9 How do travel agents get paid 2021?
- 10 Can you become a travel agent without experience?
- 11 How do travel agents get paid?
- 12 What are the questions asked in cruise interview?
- 13 How far out should you book a cruise?
- 14 What is required to book a cruise?
What do first time cruisers need to know?
10 Things Every First-Time Cruiser Should Know
- Prebook activities before you leave home.
- Plan to arrive at your departure city a day or more before the cruise.
- Pack a carry-on bag.
- Switch your cellphone to airplane mode.
- Don’t assume the cruise is all-inclusive.
- Pace yourself.
- Understand automatic gratuities.
- Watch the clock.
What questions should I ask a travel agent?
What Questions Should You Ask Your Travel Agent?
- Is Working With a Travel Agent Right For Me?
- How Long Have You Been in the Travel Business?
- Do You Have Experience with My Destination?
- How Did You Become a Travel Agent?
- What is Your Specialty?
- Do You Charge a Fee for Your Services?
- Are You Part of a Membership Club?
How much commission do travel agents make on cruises?
Cruise lines pay a minimum of 10% and above on all cruises to travel agents. Based on reaching certain productivity levels, overrides up to an additional 5% to 8% are generally available from the cruise lines.
What information would you need before deciding to purchase tickets for a cruise?
Here is a list of the information you will need to confirm or provide in order to book a cruise online:
- Ship and Sail Date.
- Departure and Return Port.
- State of Residence.
- Cabin Category & Location.
- Contact Information.
- Dining Preference & Special Occasions.
- Legal First, Middle and Last Name.
- Date of Birth.
How long should my first cruise be?
The ideal cruise length for a first-timer A week or so is the sweet spot for most first-time cruisers, which will offer two or three ports. Three-day sampler itineraries won’t allow you to explore more than one destination, and you can’t decompress as thoroughly, either.
What is the first thing you do when you go on a cruise?
Here are nine things to make sure you’ve taken care of before your cruise is fully underway:
- Make Dining, Spa, and Entertainment Reservations.
- Change out of Your Travel Clothes.
- Get an Umbrella Drink.
- Tour the Ship.
- Put Your Phone on Airplane Mode.
- Eat Lunch.
- Check Your Cabin.
- Attend the Muster Drill.
Can you negotiate with a travel agent?
12. You can negotiate. According to the website loveEXPLORING, you can haggle with travel agents, but they won’t let you in on that secret. Travel agents hate when customers go with someone else because they got a lower price, and often, they’ll negotiate.
What would you look for in a good travel agent?
Successful travel agents have excellent communication skills and the ability to inspire and influence people. Ultimately, travel agents are talented salespeople, who can find their clients the best value for their money, and do so with enthusiasm.
How do travel agents get paid 2021?
Corporate travel agencies make money mainly from service fees, net/private fares, and from airline commissions. Travel agencies, depending on the airline contracts they have access to, are able to earn commissions on both domestic (typically 0-5%) and international tickets (10-22%).
Can you become a travel agent without experience?
Do You Need Qualification to Be a Travel Agent? Work from home travel agents must obtain a travel agent certification before starting their business. Dream Vacations franchise owners need only a computer, internet, and phone to run their business and become a travel agent without experience.
How do travel agents get paid?
Travel agents get paid on commission by hotels, airlines and resorts, but many more are charging fees on top of that because of their time. “You’ll see more agencies charging, say, $150 to $300 to put a trip together but then you get that back when you actually book with them.” 5. All travel agents are the same.
What are the questions asked in cruise interview?
Interview Questions for Cruise Ship Jobs
- Why do you want to work on a cruise ship?
- How many hours do you currently work per week (per day)?
- Why do you think you are qualified for the job you are applying for?
- How does your past experience relate to the job you are applying for?
How far out should you book a cruise?
Experts say it’s best to book a cruise six to 12 months ahead for the best price, but you might be able to snag a better deal if you have the flexibility to wait a bit longer. Getting the delicate balance right on booking a cruise can be tricky. Book too early and you risk paying through the nose.
What is required to book a cruise?
The cruise line requires that you pre-register for your cruise online on their website no later than three days prior to sailing. You will need your booking number, passport information, dates of birth, address and emergency contact information.