It’s important to understand all the details of your trip so you can relax and enjoy your vacation at sea.
Basic Cruise Ship Questions
- How big is the cruise ship?
- How many passengers can it hold?
- Is the cruise line reputable?
- Does this specific cruise have good reviews?
- How often does this specific cruise run?
- 1 What questions should you ask your travel agent?
- 2 Can travel agents get better deals on cruises?
- 3 How much discount do travel agents get on cruises?
- 4 What are the most important things to bring on a cruise?
- 5 What would you look for in a good travel agent?
- 6 How much do travel agents charge to book a cruise?
- 7 What discounts do travel agents get?
- 8 What does an all-inclusive cruise include?
- 9 Do travel agents get special rates?
- 10 How can I be a travel agent?
- 11 What should you not forget on a cruise?
- 12 What kind of clothes do you take on a cruise?
- 13 What should I pack for a 7 day Caribbean cruise?
What questions should you ask your travel agent?
What Questions Should You Ask Your Travel Agent?
- Is Working With a Travel Agent Right For Me?
- How Long Have You Been in the Travel Business?
- Do You Have Experience with My Destination?
- How Did You Become a Travel Agent?
- What is Your Specialty?
- Do You Charge a Fee for Your Services?
- Are You Part of a Membership Club?
Can travel agents get better deals on cruises?
Travel agents can get access to lower cruise prices It is not unusual for travel agents to discover special group rates that have lower pricing, lower pricing based on residency or occupation, or even special rates offered to a consortia of travel agencies.
How much discount do travel agents get on cruises?
Under the cruise line’s travel agent offer, Travel Agents get a 60 % discount on the official rate with confirmation of booking 179 to 60 days prior to embarkation day; or 75 % discount on the official rate, with confirmation of booking 59 days until embarkation day.
What are the most important things to bring on a cruise?
What to Pack for a Cruise
- Bring activity-appropriate clothing and shoes.
- Bring a Back Pack or Beach Tote.
- Bring Sunscreen and After-Sun Lotion.
- Bring Your Own Toiletries.
- Bring Medications for Upset Stomach and Motion Sickness.
- Bring an Underwater Camera.
- Bring Cash for Tipping.
- Bring a Portable Back Up Battery Charger.
What would you look for in a good travel agent?
A great travel agent has the ability to think on their feet and adapt to new situations. Whether it’s a forced a schedule change, an unusual request, or a missed connection, quick-thinking is essential. Learn to stay calm and navigate emergencies like a pro.
How much do travel agents charge to book a cruise?
Does it cost money to book a cruise with a travel agent? While the bulk of a travel agent’s income comes from commissions paid by the cruise lines, most travel agents also charge a small service fee ($15 to $30) for their time and effort, though not all do.
What discounts do travel agents get?
As a travel agent, you can save up to 75% on travel including hotels, resorts, car rentals, cruises, theme parks, and vacation packages … earn rebates on airline tickets … and get free upgrades to first class when you fly.
What does an all-inclusive cruise include?
The all-inclusive fare includes both non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages, specialty dining, onboard activities, use of water-sports equipment, certain shore excursions, and gratuities. Some packages also include round-trip airfare from major gateways, as well as pre-cruise hotel stays.
Do travel agents get special rates?
There’s a rumor going around that travel agents can get access to free or discounted travel. It’s true! While some of your favorite, comped travel experiences are offered only periodically by vendors, there are many standard discounts available to travel agents everywhere.
How can I be a travel agent?
You could start your career right after high school, or you could put in one to four years to earn a certificate, associate’s, or bachelor’s degree in tourism. Of course, you could also change course from a related job, and morph your experience as, say, a destination wedding planner into a career as a travel agent.
What should you not forget on a cruise?
What Not to Forget On a Cruise: 13 Things to Remember to Pack
- Adapter. If you’re traveling outside of the North American and Caribbean region and will be spending any time at a hotel, you’ll need to bring a power adapter with you.
- Emergency contact list.
- Hand sanitizer and wipes.
What kind of clothes do you take on a cruise?
Which Clothes to Take for a Cruise
- Slacks, jeans, or shorts depending on the destination.
- Comfortable shoes or sandals to wear onboard the ship.
- Appropriate swimwear, including extra swimwear to wear while one suit dries.
- Swim covers if desired.
- T-shirts, tank tops, or other comfortable, loose clothing.
What should I pack for a 7 day Caribbean cruise?
What should I pack for a 7-day Caribbean cruise?
- Swimwear: 3 swimsuits and at least 3 swim cover-ups.
- Casual Looks: Pack at least 4 pairs of shorts, 5 – 7 t-shirts, 3 pairs of pants, 3 skirts, and a couple of day dresses.
- Dinner Attire: Bring enough smart-casual looks for 7 nights.