Name of the cardholder. Verification Number / VER # (10-digit code for each individual working at an IATA Travel Agency)
- 1 What is a ver number for IATA?
- 2 How do I find my travel agent ID number?
- 3 What is a travel agent ID?
- 4 How do I verify a travel agent?
- 5 What is a ver number?
- 6 How do I renew my IATA card?
- 7 How do I get a travel agent ID?
- 8 What is an agency ID?
- 9 How much is an IATAN card?
- 10 How do I become a travel agent from home?
- 11 What does an IATA card get you?
- 12 What is an IATA number used for?
- 13 Can I trust a travel agent?
- 14 How do you check if the travel agency in Philippines is legit?
- 15 How do I know if a travel company is legit?
What is a ver number for IATA?
The IATA/IATAN ID Card is the key to industry recognition, and is part of a worldwide program to identify travel professionals. This photo ID Card includes your name, Verification number (VER#), the name of your business entity, its IATA Numeric Code and other pertinent information.
How do I find my travel agent ID number?
In order to obtain an IATAN ID card you must either have an IATAN endorsement or work for an IATAN endorsed travel (host) agent. You must meet certain revenue requirement (subject to audit by IATAN) and pay the going rate to get the card (around $20).
What is a travel agent ID?
The IATA/IATAN ID Card is the only industry credential recognized worldwide for travel professionals. This means global recognition of your professional experience when you show your valid ID Card to a travel supplier. Join this exclusive group of qualified travel professionals today!
How do I verify a travel agent?
Make sure you’ve got the right paperwork A great way to check if a travel agency is legitimate is by checking that the company names on the paperwork match with who you have paid. There’s no harm in double checking your bank account and credit card statements for names and amounts paid.
What is a ver number?
Verification Number / VER # ( 10-digit code for each individual working at an IATA Travel Agency) IATA Agency Codes. Name of the Agency. Card expiry date.
How do I renew my IATA card?
Renew today on the app or website. Log in with your PRIN or VER # and password to renew your ID Card on the IATAN Online Service platform. Log in with your VER # and IATA Code to renew your ID Card on the ID Card Online platform.
How do I get a travel agent ID?
IATA/IATAN card applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Hold a remunerated position at the accredited travel agency.
- Be registered with IATAN.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Work for the agency at least 20 hours per week.
- Earn a minimum of $5,000 in the year prior to application.
What is an agency ID?
Your facility or agency identifier is an identification number that DHS (or your credentialing state agency) gives to an organization to complete and submit background studies.
How much is an IATAN card?
IATAN/IATA cards cost between $35 and $45 depending on how they’re purchased. For example: Online card purchases are cheaper than calling IATAN to purchase the ID card(s).
How do I become a travel agent from home?
Here’s the steps to take to start your travel agency from home:
- Find a Travel Agency Niche:
- Choose your travel agency’s name:
- Choose a Business Structure:
- Creating your Travel Agency Business Plan:
- Register your company with the state:
- Get an FEIN (optional, but recommended):
- Set up your travel agency financials:
What does an IATA card get you?
Eligible travel professionals (in possession of an IATA or IATAN ID card) can already access benefits such as special offers for flights, hotels, car rentals, sightseeing, ground transportation, familiarization trips and IATA training courses.
What is an IATA number used for?
Purpose of an IATA Number IATA simplifies worldwide business relationships between certified agents and airlines. A travel agent with full IATA accreditation receives a unique numerical identifier code that authorizes the sale of international and/or domestic airline tickets.
Can I trust a travel agent?
Look to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) for complaints filed in the company’s primary area of business. Consider asking for client references, and contact those references to get the opinions of past travelers. You might also ask for comments about the provider on a travel message board.
How do you check if the travel agency in Philippines is legit?
How to Distinguish a Legit Travel Agency in Philippines
- Has a professional Website where you can see the Packages and Promos.
- Has a professional email address.
- That is register in DTI Department of Trade Industry (You can verify through the website of DTI if the company is register with them.
- Has a Business Bank Account.
How do I know if a travel company is legit?
Search for the travel company on the ATOL database. You can search using the name or ATOL number for the company to confirm if they are a legitimate ATOL holder. Even if the company looks like an ATOL travel agent, with a UK web address, it’s always better to check before you book. Check the information on the booking.