To become a Disney specialized travel agent you first need to join an authorized travel agency that is registered with Disney as a seller of travel. Park Savers is one of the easiest companies to join online as they typically get you started training same-day and ready for booking within 24-48 hours.
- 1 How much do Disney Travel Agents Make?
- 2 How much do Disney vacation planners get paid?
- 3 Do travel agents get discounts at Disney?
- 4 Do Disney Travel Agents go for free?
- 5 Are Disney travel Agents worth it?
- 6 How do you become a certified travel agent?
- 7 Do travel agents get commission on Disney tickets?
- 8 How do you become an independent travel agent?
- 9 How do I become a successful Disney travel agent?
- 10 How do people afford a trip to Disney World?
- 11 How does a travel agent get paid?
- 12 How much does a travel agent make?
How much do Disney Travel Agents Make?
The average pay for a Disney travel agent is $21,951 a year, according to glassdoor.com. That’s at the lower end of the average pay scale for travel agents in general, which ranges from $20,670 to $61,890, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
How much do Disney vacation planners get paid?
How much will I earn? You will receive 60% of the total agency commission. For example, if the agency is paid the standard 10% commission on a $4000 vacation ($400), as the travel agent, you would receive 60% ($240).
Do travel agents get discounts at Disney?
Qualified travel advisors who have completed the College of Disney Knowledge training can receive one discounted park ticket, from 1 to 10 days. Special travel agent rates are for also now available for 2021 reservations.
Do Disney Travel Agents go for free?
For starters, almost all Disney travel planners are 100% commission-free. That means you won’t pay a dime for their services. They’ll make sure you get you the best deals out there and you’ll never pay more than you need to. Another way a Disney travel agent can save you money is in the re-booking process.
Are Disney travel Agents worth it?
While some agencies and agents definitely do a better job and have more thorough knowledge of Disney than others, the vast majority of them are helpful. If you are overwhelmed planning, a Disney TA can help. The first and biggest reason to use an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner is the service.
How do you become a certified travel agent?
How to earn a travel agent certification
- Complete a certificate program.
- Earn an associate degree.
- Complete a hospitality industry course.
- Complete an itinerary planning course.
- Complete an international travel course.
- Complete an online travel agent course.
- Certified Travel Associate (CTA) Certification.
Do travel agents get commission on Disney tickets?
Travel vendors, like Disney, give Travel agents a commission. This is NOT an extra cost added to a vacation. It’s sort of like a finders fee. When you book a Walt Disney World Vacation Package you get a commission for that booking.
How do you become an independent travel agent?
How to Start a Successful Independent Travel Agency
- Connect with a Host Agency. One of the best tips is to connect with a host agency to begin a career as an independent travel agent.
- Make Sure You Get the Necessary Training.
- Develop a Niche Market.
- Become the Expert.
- Give Your Customers the Service You Want for Yourself.
How do I become a successful Disney travel agent?
Top Tips from Successful Disney Travel Agents
- It will require a very personal love for all things Disney.
- Learn how to sell up, especially as your clientele matures.
- Visit as often as you can.
- Develop your personal expertise.
- Develop your personal service value proposition.
How do people afford a trip to Disney World?
9 Ways to Afford a Disney Vacation
- Find A Side Hustle. The most obvious way to afford a Disney vacation is to make more money.
- Plan Ahead.
- Go When There Are Fewer Crowds.
- Stay At Disney Value Resorts.
- Go When Children Are Under 3.
- Use Disney Gift Cards And Credit Card Rewards.
- Plan A “Skip Day”
- Set Up A Disney Payment Plan.
How does a travel agent get paid?
Travel agents get paid on commission by hotels, airlines and resorts, but many more are charging fees on top of that because of their time. Some agencies charge fees up front and then drop the fees when the client actually books.
How much does a travel agent make?
Host Agency Reviews and the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) found some common ground in regard to the average salary of a travel agent. The BLS currently lists the average travel agent salary in 2019 as $44,690 with a range of $23,360 and $69,420 dividing the lower to upper 10% of travel agents.