9 Ways to Become a Better Travel Agent
- Be Dependable. “Picking up the phone or quickly answering email is the first step to being a great travel agent,” said Alex Dalton, Travel with Alex, an affiliate of Travel Experts.
- Pay Attention to Detail.
- Be Inquisitive.
- Be Organized.
- Learn Damage Control.
- Be Kind.
- Be Resourceful.
- 1 What are the qualities of a good travel agent?
- 2 How do I become a successful travel agent?
- 3 What skills do travel agents need?
- 4 How do I promote myself as a travel agent?
- 5 How does a travel agent get paid?
- 6 Is travel agent a dying profession?
- 7 What education does a travel agent need?
- 8 Do you have to be good at math to be a travel agent?
- 9 What are the disadvantages of being a travel agent?
- 10 How do travel agents get clients?
- 11 What do travel agents wear?
- 12 How do travel agents get leads?
What are the qualities of a good travel agent?
7 Characteristics of a Successful Travel Agent
- Knowledge. When travelers choose to use a travel agent instead of booking a trip themselves, they are looking for expertise.
- Professionalism. Set high expectations of professionalism for yourself and your employees.
- People Skills.
How do I become a successful travel agent?
50 Tips for Travel Agent Success
- 1 Have a business plan.
- 3 Always be thinking of ways to promote your company, yourself and your employees.
- 4 Be active in your community.
- 5 Use your website to inspire travelers.
- 6 Use social media strategically.
- 7 Give yourself daily deadlines.
- 8 Specialize.
What skills do travel agents need?
Travel Agent Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong sales and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Excellent knowledge of computer reservation computer programs.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
How do I promote myself as a travel agent?
9 Effective Ways to Market Your Travel Agency
- Practice your 30-second commercial.
- Create a monthly email newsletter.
- Add variety to your social media posts.
- Set up a booth at a local trade show or fair.
- Start a referral program.
- Advertise locally.
- Send direct mail to your clients.
- Plan a travel night.
How does a travel agent get paid?
Travel agents get paid on commission by hotels, airlines and resorts, but many more are charging fees on top of that because of their time. Some agencies charge fees up front and then drop the fees when the client actually books.
Is travel agent a dying profession?
And lastly, travel agents are not a dying breed. It’s still a profitable industry in the United States and there’s no reason to believe the industry is dying off.
What education does a travel agent need?
There are no specific requirements to be a travel agent, but a bachelor’s degree will open up more job opportunities, and certifications might make travel agents more marketable.
Do you have to be good at math to be a travel agent?
Good computer skills are essential. You’ll be working with ticketing and reservation systems, and databases. Good math skills are important for calculating fares and timetables. Knowledge of geography is also important, as your clients may travel all over the world.
What are the disadvantages of being a travel agent?
10 Cons of Being a Travel Agent
- Demanding. This job is pretty much 24/7.
- Stressful. Travel agents experience stress from all corners.
- Limited progression.
- Uncertain market.
- Lack of job security.
- You’ll constantly be away from home.
- Exposure to customer lawsuits.
- You control your paycheck.
How do travel agents get clients?
Here are 7 surefire ways to attract potential clients and grow your number of travel agent leads and increase your customer base:
- Position Yourself as a Specialist Travel Agent.
- Seek Out and Reward Referrals.
- Don’t Be Afraid of Complicated Trips.
- Get Active on Social Media.
- Maintain Consistency Across All Platforms.
What do travel agents wear?
While business suits are ideal for both men and woman, a simple pair of slacks and a dress shirt or blouse may do.
How do travel agents get leads?
The Top 15 Ways To Generate Leads For Your Travel Business Go Back Button
- Word Of Mouth Marketing. Word of mouth marketing is still the most credible way of promoting a business.
- A Well Designed Website.
- Keyword Optimization.
- Email Marketing.
- Social Media Marketing.
- Classified Ads.
- Blog Marketing.
- Youtube Video Marketing.