A good travel agent will discuss your vacation preferences, budget and other travel needs and suggest which cruises will be the best fit. Travel agents might also thank you for your business with a small gift, such as a free bottle of wine in your cruise room or prepaid gratuities onboard.
- 1 What does a cruise planner do?
- 2 Why are travel agents more commonly used for selling cruises?
- 3 Do travel agents make good money?
- 4 How does a travel agent get paid?
- 5 What are the advantages of using a travel agent?
- 6 Do travel agents save you money on cruises?
- 7 What does travel agent do?
- 8 What qualities do you need to be a travel agent?
- 9 Is it worth becoming a travel agent?
- 10 How much commission do cruise lines pay travel agents?
- 11 What services do travel agencies provide?
- 12 Do travel agents get free trips?
What does a cruise planner do?
Cruise Planners travel agents get to know you and will walk you through the different destinations and vacation choices based on your needs, priorities, and interests of the people in your group.
Why are travel agents more commonly used for selling cruises?
Hassle Free & Rewarding: Compared to selling a land packages where a travel agents has to keep adding value to encourage clients/traveler to buy a package, selling cruise packages are much easier. What’s More, it’s rewarding too.
Do travel agents make good money?
The pay isn’t necessarily exorbitant—the median income is $38,700 a year, as reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics, but according to Pindar, it can actually be much higher. “Agents make anywhere from $50K to $100K on the low end and up to $250K to $500K annually,” says Pindar.
How does a travel agent get paid?
Travel agents get paid on commission by hotels, airlines and resorts, but many more are charging fees on top of that because of their time. Some agencies charge fees up front and then drop the fees when the client actually books.
What are the advantages of using a travel agent?
Benefits of Using A Travel Agent
- Travel is their expertise. The #1 benefit of using a travel agent when it comes to booking your family travel is because travel is their expertise.
- Destination knowledge.
- Cost savings.
- Travel assistance.
- Decreased stress.
Do travel agents save you money on cruises?
In short, it generally doesn’t cost you money to use a travel agent, and in fact, the agent can very often help you save money on your trip (more on that in that below). As such, a travel agent may get a commission from the cruise line you’re sailing with.
What does travel agent do?
What Travel Agents Do. Travel agents offer advice on destinations, plan trip itineraries, and make travel arrangements for clients. Travel agents sell transportation, lodging, and admission to entertainment activities to individuals and groups planning trips.
What qualities do you need to be a travel agent?
7 Characteristics of a Successful Travel Agent
- Knowledge. When travelers choose to use a travel agent instead of booking a trip themselves, they are looking for expertise.
- Professionalism. Set high expectations of professionalism for yourself and your employees.
- People Skills.
Is it worth becoming a travel agent?
Travel agents are among the most common and revered workers in the industry. If you love traveling or helping people fulfill their travel dreams, becoming a travel agent might be an excellent option. Nowadays, we all want a job that is flexible enough to save you some you-time while still promising financial stability.
How much commission do cruise lines pay travel agents?
Cruise lines pay a minimum of 10% and above on all cruises to travel agents. Based on reaching certain productivity levels, overrides up to an additional 5% to 8% are generally available from the cruise lines.
What services do travel agencies provide?
The 6 areas of service in travel management agencies
- 1) Travel Management. This would be the core function and the one which agencies engaged in organising business travel have always performed.
- 2) Passenger assistance.
- 3) Consulting.
- 4) Marketing and internal communication.
- 5) Technology.
- 6) Leisure Services.
Do travel agents get free trips?
In truth, most of the time, travel agents don’t get free travel although they sometimes get discounts or a chance to keep the commission they would get on their own travel plans. Convention properties give them a cheaper trip to let them learn about their property on a working vacation.