To become a Disney specialized travel agent you first need to join an authorized travel agency that is registered with Disney as a seller of travel. Park Savers is one of the easiest companies to join online as they typically get you started training same-day and ready for booking within 24-48 hours.
- 1 How much does a Disney travel agent make?
- 2 Do travel agents get discounts at Disney?
- 3 How much do Disney vacation planners get paid?
- 4 Do Disney travel agents Get Free Trips?
- 5 Are Disney Travel Agents worth it?
- 6 How do you become a certified travel agent?
- 7 How do you become an independent travel agent?
- 8 How does a travel agent get paid?
How much does a Disney travel agent make?
The average pay for a Disney travel agent is $21,951 a year, according to glassdoor.com. That’s at the lower end of the average pay scale for travel agents in general, which ranges from $20,670 to $61,890, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
Do travel agents get discounts at Disney?
Qualified travel advisors who have completed the College of Disney Knowledge training can receive one discounted park ticket, from 1 to 10 days. Special travel agent rates are for also now available for 2021 reservations.
How much do Disney vacation planners get paid?
How much will I earn? You will receive 60% of the total agency commission. For example, if the agency is paid the standard 10% commission on a $4000 vacation ($400), as the travel agent, you would receive 60% ($240).
Do Disney travel agents Get Free Trips?
You might hear that you get to travel for free. You get to stay at Walt Disney World and Disneyland hotels for Free. Not exactly. There are Disney travel agent benefits but if you want to be a travel agent just for the benefits this is not the job for you.
Are Disney Travel Agents worth it?
While some agencies and agents definitely do a better job and have more thorough knowledge of Disney than others, the vast majority of them are helpful. If you are overwhelmed planning, a Disney TA can help. The first and biggest reason to use an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner is the service.
How do you become a certified travel agent?
How to earn a travel agent certification
- Complete a certificate program.
- Earn an associate degree.
- Complete a hospitality industry course.
- Complete an itinerary planning course.
- Complete an international travel course.
- Complete an online travel agent course.
- Certified Travel Associate (CTA) Certification.
How do you become an independent travel agent?
How to Start a Successful Independent Travel Agency
- Connect with a Host Agency. One of the best tips is to connect with a host agency to begin a career as an independent travel agent.
- Make Sure You Get the Necessary Training.
- Develop a Niche Market.
- Become the Expert.
- Give Your Customers the Service You Want for Yourself.
How does a travel agent get paid?
Travel agents get paid on commission by hotels, airlines and resorts, but many more are charging fees on top of that because of their time. Some agencies charge fees up front and then drop the fees when the client actually books.