To become a Disney specialized travel agent you first need to join an authorized travel agency that is registered with Disney as a seller of travel. Park Savers is one of the easiest companies to join online as they typically get you started training same-day and ready for booking within 24-48 hours.
- 1 Can anyone be a Disney travel agent?
- 2 How much do Disney vacation planners get paid?
- 3 Is being a Disney travel agent worth it?
- 4 How do I become an authorized Disney vacation planner?
- 5 How do you become a certified travel agent?
- 6 How do I become a travel agent from home?
- 7 How much commission do Disney travel agents get?
- 8 How do I become a travel planner?
- 9 How do I become a successful Disney travel agent?
- 10 How does a travel agent get paid?
- 11 Can you work remotely for Disney?
- 12 How do I pick a Disney travel agent?
- 13 How does being a Disney travel agent work?
- 14 How do I become a Sandals travel agent?
Can anyone be a Disney travel agent?
Education Requirements Disney travel agents are generally not required to have a degree, but experience as a travel agent is helpful. If you’re not a travel agent yourself, you’ll need to register with a Disney Authorized Vacation Planner.
How much do Disney vacation planners get paid?
How much will I earn? You will receive 60% of the total agency commission. For example, if the agency is paid the standard 10% commission on a $4000 vacation ($400), as the travel agent, you would receive 60% ($240).
Is being a Disney travel agent worth it?
Yes it can be fun and rewarding, but it takes long hours and at the end of the day you should get paid for your work. Every Disney Specialized Travel Agency pays differently but most pay you commission.
To be included in Disney’s EarMarked Program (and accepted as an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner), the travel agency must specialize in selling Disney Destinations. They must also demonstrate a multi-year track record of achieving high sales volume.
How do you become a certified travel agent?
How to earn a travel agent certification
- Complete a certificate program.
- Earn an associate degree.
- Complete a hospitality industry course.
- Complete an itinerary planning course.
- Complete an international travel course.
- Complete an online travel agent course.
- Certified Travel Associate (CTA) Certification.
How do I become a travel agent from home?
Here’s the steps to take to start your travel agency from home:
- Find a Travel Agency Niche:
- Choose your travel agency’s name:
- Choose a Business Structure:
- Creating your Travel Agency Business Plan:
- Register your company with the state:
- Get an FEIN (optional, but recommended):
- Set up your travel agency financials:
How much commission do Disney travel agents get?
When a Disney travel agent books travel on behalf of his or her client, Disney pays a 10% commission to the host agency, and then the host agency forwards the agent’s share of the commission to him or her. Be aware that Disney does not pay out the commission until AFTER the travel has been completed.
How do I become a travel planner?
Travel Planner Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in travel, tourism, or an equivalent.
- Personal travel experience will be advantageous.
- Experience working in the travel industry.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Multilingual skills would be an advantage.
- Strong geographical knowledge.
- A good understanding of travel trends.
How do I become a successful Disney travel agent?
Top Tips from Successful Disney Travel Agents
- It will require a very personal love for all things Disney.
- Learn how to sell up, especially as your clientele matures.
- Visit as often as you can.
- Develop your personal expertise.
- Develop your personal service value proposition.
How does a travel agent get paid?
Travel agents get paid on commission by hotels, airlines and resorts, but many more are charging fees on top of that because of their time. Some agencies charge fees up front and then drop the fees when the client actually books.
Can you work remotely for Disney?
The Disney Store is hiring remote customer service representatives in Florida, Texas, Georgia, Nevada and North Carolina, which means you can do the entire job all from the comfort of your couch. Just because it’s customer service doesn’t mean it’s not whimsical.
How do I pick a Disney travel agent?
What You Should Look For When Picking a Disney Travel Agent
- Make sure they’re an authorized Disney ticket reseller.
- Ask if the agent is up to date on his or her Disney College of Knowledge certification.
- Find an agent with on-site experience with the park or resort you’re visiting.
How does being a Disney travel agent work?
Disney travel agents provide a service to travelers by booking their trips, and Disney pays the agency a commission. The agency negotiates the commission split with agents, so you’ll receive a portion of the earnings.
How do I become a Sandals travel agent?
To sign up, agents must complete a four-hour workshop. Agencies that have one active CSS agent and produce a minimum of 25 bookings to Sandals resorts can apply for the Preferred Sandals Agency Program (PSA). The program aims to build sales for both the agency and Sandals through a mutual partnership.