“Travel Agents sell dreams. Everyone dreams about going and doing something; a travel agent can make it happen. It is also very rewarding when customers come home and thank you and tell you how great it was.” “Being a travel consultant is so much more than a sales position.
- 1 What are some benefits of being a travel agent?
- 2 What excites you about being a travel advisor?
- 3 Is it worth it to become a travel agent?
- 4 Why do I love being a travel agent?
- 5 What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a travel agent?
- 6 What do travel agents ask you?
- 7 What would you look for in a good travel agent?
- 8 Why do I want to work for a travel company?
- 9 Is travel agent a dying profession?
- 10 Is travel agent a good career choice?
- 11 How does a travel agent get paid?
- 12 Why am I passionate about a career in travel?
- 13 What are some negative aspects of being a travel agent?
What are some benefits of being a travel agent?
The Perks of Being a Travel Agent
- You get to share your passion.
- You travel and experience amazing cultures.
- You can be your own boss and work at home.
- You make lifelong connections.
- You’re selling a dream.
- It’s never boring.
- You’re connected with like-minded people.
- You get to share your expertise.
What excites you about being a travel advisor?
The most promising candidates for the position of travel agent combine a passion for travel with a talent for sales and customer service. These individuals are communicative, detail-oriented, and resourceful. They have a true desire to help and work hard to build long-term relationships with satisfied customers.
Is it worth it to become a travel agent?
It’s not all about money. A travel agent career has amazing perks. It offers the chance to travel to beautiful destinations and to have great experiences, a chance to travel and get paid or write it off.
Why do I love being a travel agent?
“Being a travel agent gives us the opportunity to travel and see the world. There is no better time to do that than while you’re young. One of my favorite things about being a travel agent is that I get to live vicariously through my clients in hearing about their adventures all over the world!
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a travel agent?
Price: The Travel Agent’s Cost Pro: You often don’t pay any more for using an agent because most travel agents get referral fees or commissions for booking your trip. Con: But sometimes you do pay more! Airlines, for example, don’t pay commissions so you might get charged a fee by a travel agent who books your flight.
What do travel agents ask you?
6 Questions Travel Agents Should Ask Their Clients
- Why do you want to go on this trip?
- What type of travel experience are you wanting?
- What level of physical activity are they comfortable with?
- How comfortable are you with trying out new things?
- How important is it to you to have a schedule?
What would you look for in a good travel agent?
A great travel agent has the ability to think on their feet and adapt to new situations. Whether it’s a forced a schedule change, an unusual request, or a missed connection, quick-thinking is essential. Learn to stay calm and navigate emergencies like a pro.
Why do I want to work for a travel company?
It Offers Easy Entry into Benefits Packages The travel industry attracts fun and outgoing people, especially in customer facing roles like reps or agents. The work is interesting and rewarding, and everyone is always happy to talk to someone who works in the travel industry. Consider it as a very rewarding career move.
Is travel agent a dying profession?
And lastly, travel agents are not a dying breed. It’s still a profitable industry in the United States and there’s no reason to believe the industry is dying off.
Is travel agent a good career choice?
Travel agents are among the most common and revered workers in the industry. If you love traveling or helping people fulfill their travel dreams, becoming a travel agent might be an excellent option. Nowadays, we all want a job that is flexible enough to save you some you-time while still promising financial stability.
How does a travel agent get paid?
Travel agents get paid on commission by hotels, airlines and resorts, but many more are charging fees on top of that because of their time. Some agencies charge fees up front and then drop the fees when the client actually books.
Why am I passionate about a career in travel?
2. A world of opportunity. As well as an industry you can be passionate about, the travel industry is extremely vast with many different job opportunities. Working for a large company like Flight Centre Travel Group also makes it easier to move up in the ranks and take steps to further your career.
What are some negative aspects of being a travel agent?
10 Cons of Being a Travel Agent
- Demanding. This job is pretty much 24/7.
- Stressful. Travel agents experience stress from all corners.
- Limited progression.
- Uncertain market.
- Lack of job security.
- You’ll constantly be away from home.
- Exposure to customer lawsuits.
- You control your paycheck.