To become a Disney specialized travel agent you first need to join an authorized travel agency that is registered with Disney as a seller of travel. Park Savers is one of the easiest companies to join online as they typically get you started training same-day and ready for booking within 24-48 hours.
- 1 How much does a Disney travel agent make?
- 2 Is being a Disney travel agent worth it?
- 3 Do travel agents get discounts at Disney?
- 4 Do Disney travel agents go for free?
- 5 How do you become a certified travel agent?
- 6 How do I become a travel planner?
- 7 How does a travel agent get paid?
- 8 How do you become an independent travel agent?
- 9 How do people afford a trip to Disney World?
How much does a Disney travel agent make?
The average pay for a Disney travel agent is $21,951 a year, according to glassdoor.com. That’s at the lower end of the average pay scale for travel agents in general, which ranges from $20,670 to $61,890, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
Is being a Disney travel agent worth it?
Yes it can be fun and rewarding, but it takes long hours and at the end of the day you should get paid for your work. Every Disney Specialized Travel Agency pays differently but most pay you commission.
Do travel agents get discounts at Disney?
Qualified travel advisors who have completed the College of Disney Knowledge training can receive one discounted park ticket, from 1 to 10 days. Special travel agent rates are for also now available for 2021 reservations.
Do Disney travel agents go for free?
For starters, almost all Disney travel planners are 100% commission-free. That means you won’t pay a dime for their services. They’ll make sure you get you the best deals out there and you’ll never pay more than you need to. Another way a Disney travel agent can save you money is in the re-booking process.
How do you become a certified travel agent?
How to earn a travel agent certification
- Complete a certificate program.
- Earn an associate degree.
- Complete a hospitality industry course.
- Complete an itinerary planning course.
- Complete an international travel course.
- Complete an online travel agent course.
- Certified Travel Associate (CTA) Certification.
How do I become a travel planner?
Travel Planner Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in travel, tourism, or an equivalent.
- Personal travel experience will be advantageous.
- Experience working in the travel industry.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Multilingual skills would be an advantage.
- Strong geographical knowledge.
- A good understanding of travel trends.
How does a travel agent get paid?
Travel agents get paid on commission by hotels, airlines and resorts, but many more are charging fees on top of that because of their time. Some agencies charge fees up front and then drop the fees when the client actually books.
How do you become an independent travel agent?
How to Start a Successful Independent Travel Agency
- Connect with a Host Agency. One of the best tips is to connect with a host agency to begin a career as an independent travel agent.
- Make Sure You Get the Necessary Training.
- Develop a Niche Market.
- Become the Expert.
- Give Your Customers the Service You Want for Yourself.
How do people afford a trip to Disney World?
9 Ways to Afford a Disney Vacation
- Find A Side Hustle. The most obvious way to afford a Disney vacation is to make more money.
- Plan Ahead.
- Go When There Are Fewer Crowds.
- Stay At Disney Value Resorts.
- Go When Children Are Under 3.
- Use Disney Gift Cards And Credit Card Rewards.
- Plan A “Skip Day”
- Set Up A Disney Payment Plan.