Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) You can search for a CLIA-certified travel agent on the organization’s website. Use the search tool to locate agents in your area with a variety of levels of CLIA training.
- 1 Do travel agents cruise for free?
- 2 Is it cheaper to book a trip through a travel agent?
- 3 Who is the best company to book a cruise with?
- 4 How do I find a reputable travel agent?
- 5 How much do cruise lines pay travel agents?
- 6 Do travel agents get better deals for themselves?
- 7 Do you tip travel agents?
- 8 Do you pay travel agents a fee?
- 9 What is the cheapest month to go on a cruise?
- 10 Where is the cheapest place to book a cruise?
- 11 How do you get paid as a travel agent?
- 12 Is it worth it to use a travel agent?
Do travel agents cruise for free?
Travel agents are paid a commission by the cruise line, which comes out of the cruise line’s bottom line, and not charged to you. When you book a cruise, make changes, re-price and cancel a cruise, these are all activities that the agency provides for no charge.
Is it cheaper to book a trip through a travel agent?
Booking with travel agents is often cheaper than booking online as they have access to awesome money-saving deals. Privy to secret airline prices, travel agents book scores of air tickets each day and will be able to easily tell you if the flight price you found online is a reasonable one.
Who is the best company to book a cruise with?
The Best Sites to Book a Cruise
- Expedia (including Travelocity and Orbitz)
- Avoya Travel.
- Cruise Critic.
How do I find a reputable travel agent?
Here are a few tips:
- Look for the right certification. If the agent is a member of the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) (www.asta.org), that’s a promising sign.
- If at all possible, stay local. There’s no substitute for the personal touch.
- Interview the agent.
- Find out how they react under pressure.
How much do cruise lines pay travel agents?
Cruise lines pay a minimum of 10% and above on all cruises to travel agents. Based on reaching certain productivity levels, overrides up to an additional 5% to 8% are generally available from the cruise lines.
Do travel agents get better deals for themselves?
In truth, most of the time, travel agents don’t get free travel although they sometimes get discounts or a chance to keep the commission they would get on their own travel plans. Convention properties give them a cheaper trip to let them learn about their property on a working vacation.
Do you tip travel agents?
A general rule of thumb followed by many is to leave 15 percent for average service, 20 percent for great service, and more than 20 percent for service that truly made the meal memorable. It gets a bit grayer when you talk about how – and if – to tip for truly inattentive service.
Do you pay travel agents a fee?
Many travel agents do not charge a fee to their clients for planning standard vacations; they earn money from commissions paid to them through partner vendors. “Those fees range per agent from approximately $25 to $75 per ticket.”
What is the cheapest month to go on a cruise?
The cheapest times to cruise are typically in the late summer and fall because of hurricane season, but you can often find patches of bargain sailings, especially during the early weeks of December and in the spring.
Where is the cheapest place to book a cruise?
The 19 Best Websites to Book Cruises at the Cheapest Prices 
- Cruise Line’s Website.
- Cruise Critic.
How do you get paid as a travel agent?
Travel agents get paid on commission by hotels, airlines and resorts, but many more are charging fees on top of that because of their time.
Is it worth it to use a travel agent?
Travel agents are useful if you’re doing a very costly or complex trip, planning a honeymoon or something fancy, or traveling with a large group. They are also perfect for people who just don’t want to handle a big, complicated trip themselves. Travel agents offer them peace of mind.