Ask frequent-cruiser friends, relatives, or co-workers who they have used. Most cruise travelers love to help those new to the cruise vacation experience. If that doesn’t work for you, check out local travel agencies’ ads in your Sunday newspaper and call agents to interview them over the phone or in person.
- 1 Do travel agents save you money on cruises?
- 2 Is it cheaper to book a group cruise?
- 3 How do I find a reputable travel agent?
- 4 What is the best way to book a cruise for a group?
- 5 How much commission do cruise lines pay travel agents?
- 6 How far in advance should I book my cruise?
- 7 Can you get a group rate on cruises?
- 8 How many people can be on a cruise at once?
- 9 How much does a travel agent cost?
- 10 Is it worth it to use a travel agent?
- 11 How do you get paid as a travel agent?
- 12 Who owns Royal Caribbean group?
- 13 Can a family of 6 go on a cruise?
Do travel agents save you money on cruises?
In short, it generally doesn’t cost you money to use a travel agent, and in fact, the agent can very often help you save money on your trip (more on that in that below). As such, a travel agent may get a commission from the cruise line you’re sailing with.
Is it cheaper to book a group cruise?
2. Group Rates. Even if you can’t score a free cabin, group rates for cabin pricing are generally lower. If publicly available rates start to rise, it’s an even better deal as you can still book the number of contracted cabins at the lower rate.
How do I find a reputable travel agent?
Here are a few tips:
- Look for the right certification. If the agent is a member of the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) (www.asta.org), that’s a promising sign.
- If at all possible, stay local. There’s no substitute for the personal touch.
- Interview the agent.
- Find out how they react under pressure.
What is the best way to book a cruise for a group?
You certainly can book your group (typically eight cabins or more) directly through a cruise line, but many group organizers recommend using a cruise agent who specializes in groups. Agents often have established relationships with cruise lines and access to discounts and perks that individuals don’t.
How much commission do cruise lines pay travel agents?
Cruise lines pay a minimum of 10% and above on all cruises to travel agents. Based on reaching certain productivity levels, overrides up to an additional 5% to 8% are generally available from the cruise lines.
How far in advance should I book my cruise?
Experts say it’s best to book a cruise six to 12 months ahead for the best price, but you might be able to snag a better deal if you have the flexibility to wait a bit longer. Getting the delicate balance right on booking a cruise can be tricky. Book too early and you risk paying through the nose.
Can you get a group rate on cruises?
Group rates are a type of cruise fare, where a travel agency reserves a bank of staterooms on a particular ship and sailing that locks in the price for a set period of time. In fact, many online websites that sell cruises tend to use groups as a tool for offering lower cruise fares.
How many people can be on a cruise at once?
Many regular cruise rooms, also called cabins or staterooms, can sleep up to four people. All rooms have two twin beds that can be pushed together to form a queen or king; additional sleeping spots might be a pullout sofa or upper bunks that fold down or pull down from the wall or ceiling.
How much does a travel agent cost?
While there are still a few agents who will offer free travel quotes, the most confident and experienced travel professionals will charge a service fee. Fees can range from $50-$500 based on their years of experience and destination knowledge.
Is it worth it to use a travel agent?
Travel agents are useful if you’re doing a very costly or complex trip, planning a honeymoon or something fancy, or traveling with a large group. They are also perfect for people who just don’t want to handle a big, complicated trip themselves. Travel agents offer them peace of mind.
How do you get paid as a travel agent?
Travel agents get paid on commission by hotels, airlines and resorts, but many more are charging fees on top of that because of their time.
Who owns Royal Caribbean group?
You have to call RCCL or book with a travel agent in order to book more than 4 people in a room. Your options for 5 people (or more) on RCCL ships: Grand Suites and Owners Suites – RCCL will allow you to put a 5th person in these suites. They bring in a rollaway bed for the 5th person.
Can a family of 6 go on a cruise?
1. Family Cabins. The good news Most of the friendliest family cruise lines do offer cabins that will allow 5 or 6 passengers to stay all together. Sharing an inside or outside cabin is certainly MOST ECONOMICAL option for any family wanting space for up to 6 passengers.