What You Should Look For When Picking a Disney Travel Agent
- Make sure they’re an authorized Disney ticket reseller.
- Ask if the agent is up to date on his or her Disney College of Knowledge certification.
- Find an agent with on-site experience with the park or resort you’re visiting.
- 1 Is it better to use a Disney travel agent?
- 2 Are Disney travel agents really free?
- 3 What questions should I ask a Disney travel agent?
- 4 Does Disney offer travel agent discounts?
- 5 How do I become a successful Disney travel agent?
- 6 How do Disney travel agents get paid?
- 7 How much commission do Disney Travel agents get?
- 8 What are the perks of being a Disney travel agent?
- 9 What questions should I ask a travel agent?
- 10 How do people afford a trip to Disney World?
- 11 Can you become a travel agent without experience?
- 12 How much does a travel agent make?
Is it better to use a Disney travel agent?
While some agencies and agents definitely do a better job and have more thorough knowledge of Disney than others, the vast majority of them are helpful. If you are overwhelmed planning, a Disney TA can help. The first and biggest reason to use an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner is the service.
Are Disney travel agents really free?
Yes, it’s true. As a client, the services of Disney travel agents are totally free of charge. Disney pays out a small commission to the agency for doing the booking legwork, but that cost is never passed on to you.
What questions should I ask a Disney travel agent?
Here are the 6 questions you should ask your Disney travel agent before booking with them
- 1 When was the last time you visited Walt Disney World?
- 2 Do you get the dining plan, memory maker, or hopper pass when you go?
- 3 How big is your team and are they all Disney focused?
Does Disney offer travel agent discounts?
Qualified travel advisors who have completed the College of Disney Knowledge training can receive one discounted park ticket, from 1 to 10 days. Special travel agent rates are for also now available for 2021 reservations.
How do I become a successful Disney travel agent?
Top Tips from Successful Disney Travel Agents
- It will require a very personal love for all things Disney.
- Learn how to sell up, especially as your clientele matures.
- Visit as often as you can.
- Develop your personal expertise.
- Develop your personal service value proposition.
How do Disney travel agents get paid?
Disney travel agents are paid on a commission basis, and the percentage of commission you earn depends on the travel agency you register with. Most agencies earn a standard 10 percent commission on vacations they book. Of that 10 percent, you might be entitled to 75 percent commission.
How much commission do Disney Travel agents get?
When a Disney travel agent books travel on behalf of his or her client, Disney pays a 10% commission to the host agency, and then the host agency forwards the agent’s share of the commission to him or her. Be aware that Disney does not pay out the commission until AFTER the travel has been completed.
What are the perks of being a Disney travel agent?
Disney typically offers the following agent discounts once you have completed (or renewed) your training:
- About 50% off a Disneyland Resort Hotel.
- About 50% off a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel.
- About 30-40% off an Aulani hotel room.
- About 50% off a Disney Cruise Line Booking.
- One free 1-day Disneyland Park Hopper Ticket.
What questions should I ask a travel agent?
What Questions Should You Ask Your Travel Agent?
- Is Working With a Travel Agent Right For Me?
- How Long Have You Been in the Travel Business?
- Do You Have Experience with My Destination?
- How Did You Become a Travel Agent?
- What is Your Specialty?
- Do You Charge a Fee for Your Services?
- Are You Part of a Membership Club?
How do people afford a trip to Disney World?
9 Ways to Afford a Disney Vacation
- Find A Side Hustle. The most obvious way to afford a Disney vacation is to make more money.
- Plan Ahead.
- Go When There Are Fewer Crowds.
- Stay At Disney Value Resorts.
- Go When Children Are Under 3.
- Use Disney Gift Cards And Credit Card Rewards.
- Plan A “Skip Day”
- Set Up A Disney Payment Plan.
Can you become a travel agent without experience?
Do You Need Qualification to Be a Travel Agent? Work from home travel agents must obtain a travel agent certification before starting their business. Dream Vacations franchise owners need only a computer, internet, and phone to run their business and become a travel agent without experience.
How much does a travel agent make?
Host Agency Reviews and the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) found some common ground in regard to the average salary of a travel agent. The BLS currently lists the average travel agent salary in 2019 as $44,690 with a range of $23,360 and $69,420 dividing the lower to upper 10% of travel agents.