(KGTV) – AAA is looking for a few good agents.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma.
- A flexible schedule within a 24/7 operation (overtime may be required during peak periods)
- Demonstrated sales and customer support knowledge.
- Travel school accreditation with 18 months experience preferred.
- 1 How much do Triple A Travel Agents Make?
- 2 What qualifications do you need to become a travel agent?
- 3 How long does it take to become a certified travel agent?
- 4 Does AAA still have a travel agency?
- 5 Can you make good money as a travel agent?
- 6 What is the starting salary for a travel agent?
- 7 Can anyone become a travel agent?
- 8 Do I need a degree to be a travel agent?
- 9 How much do travel agents make per booking?
- 10 How do I get an IATA license?
- 11 How do travel agents get paid?
- 12 Can you use AAA travel agent without a membership?
- 13 How much does a travel agent cost?
- 14 Does it cost money to have a travel agent?
How much do Triple A Travel Agents Make?
How much does a Travel Agent make at AAA in the United States? Average AAA Travel Agent yearly pay in the United States is approximately $29,289, which is 32% below the national average.
What qualifications do you need to become a travel agent?
2) What are the qualifications or skills you need to become a travel agent?
- Great organisational skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Sales skills.
- Online marketing skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Business planning and forecasting.
- Trade and industry knowledge.
- Basic IT skills.
How long does it take to become a certified travel agent?
In terms of the training time you need to put in before becoming a fully fledged travel agent, it depends. You could start your career right after high school, or you could put in one to four years to earn a certificate, associate’s, or bachelor’s degree in tourism.
Does AAA still have a travel agency?
Plan your vacation with a AAA travel advisor Did you know AAA Travel is one of the nation’s largest travel agencies? Whether you’re dreaming of a solo adventure, romantic getaway, or family trip, a AAA travel advisor can customize a vacation that’s right for you.
Can you make good money as a travel agent?
Decent Earning Potential Although the earnings of travel agents are not all that exorbitant, the job promises decent pay. For instance, the US Bureau of Labor and Statistics’ 2019 report put the median annual income for travel agents at $44,410.
What is the starting salary for a travel agent?
The BLS currently lists the average travel agent salary in 2019 as $44,690 with a range of $23,360 and $69,420 dividing the lower to upper 10% of travel agents. These results are similar to our most recent income report. We found an average income of $44,312 for hosted travel agents with 3+ years experience.
Can anyone become a travel agent?
Most travel agents need at least a high school diploma, but some college education can help you gain essential knowledge in areas such as tourism, best business practices, international affairs and marketing.
Do I need a degree to be a travel agent?
Education, Training, & Certification There are no specific requirements to be a travel agent, but a bachelor’s degree will open up more job opportunities, and certifications might make travel agents more marketable.
How much do travel agents make per booking?
Some offer a meager $2 per reservation (regardless of value), while others based on incentives and productivity will pay commissions as high as 20%. Across the board the average commissions are 3% for Internet bookings, 3-5% on promotional rental rates and 10% on leisure rates booked through GDS distribution channels.
How do I get an IATA license?
Full IATA accreditation
- To apply for an IATA number, prepare these documents in the following order:
- Be ready to obtain a bond.
- Register at the Customer Support Portal.
- Submit the IATA application form.
- Pay the registration fee and wait.
- Register at the customer support portal.
- Submit the TIDS application form and wait.
How do travel agents get paid?
Travel agents get paid on commission by hotels, airlines and resorts, but many more are charging fees on top of that because of their time. “You’ll see more agencies charging, say, $150 to $300 to put a trip together but then you get that back when you actually book with them.” 5. All travel agents are the same.
Can you use AAA travel agent without a membership?
Like Costco Travel, AAA lets you book travel online without the help of an agent. Unlike Costco, non-AAA members can at least book flights, hotel rooms, cruises, and rental cars online without having to purchase a membership plan.
How much does a travel agent cost?
While there are still a few agents who will offer free travel quotes, the most confident and experienced travel professionals will charge a service fee. Fees can range from $50-$500 based on their years of experience and destination knowledge.
Does it cost money to have a travel agent?
Not at all! The cost of using a travel agent is generally marginal, and oftentimes they won’t charge you at all. Much of their money comes from the hotels and wholesalers they do business with. Before you consult an agent, be sure you first inquire about fees.