To become a Disney specialized travel agent you first need to join an authorized travel agency that is registered with Disney as a seller of travel. Park Savers is one of the easiest companies to join online as they typically get you started training same-day and ready for booking within 24-48 hours.
- 1 How much do Disney Travel Agents Make?
- 2 Is being a Disney travel agent worth it?
- 3 Do travel agents get discounts at Disney?
- 4 Do Disney Travel Agents go for free?
- 5 Can you become a travel agent without experience?
- 6 How do you become a certified travel agent?
- 7 How do travel agents get paid?
- 8 Is being a Disney travel agent hard?
- 9 How do people afford a trip to Disney World?
How much do Disney Travel Agents Make?
The average pay for a Disney travel agent is $21,951 a year, according to glassdoor.com. That’s at the lower end of the average pay scale for travel agents in general, which ranges from $20,670 to $61,890, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
Is being a Disney travel agent worth it?
Yes it can be fun and rewarding, but it takes long hours and at the end of the day you should get paid for your work. Every Disney Specialized Travel Agency pays differently but most pay you commission.
Do travel agents get discounts at Disney?
All the Discounts, Special Training, and Benefits You Receive as a Travel Agent. As a travel professional, you get access to incredible benefits like discounts on Disney hotels, theme park tickets at reduced rates, and the ability to tour cruise ships for free. Not to mention getting paid to plan theme park vacations.
Do Disney Travel Agents go for free?
Their services are 100% free of charge and they’ll make sure you get the cheapest and most magical trip possible! Thanks for reading my “Is it Cheaper to Book Disney through a Travel Agent” post.
Can you become a travel agent without experience?
Do You Need Qualification to Be a Travel Agent? Work from home travel agents must obtain a travel agent certification before starting their business. Dream Vacations franchise owners need only a computer, internet, and phone to run their business and become a travel agent without experience.
How do you become a certified travel agent?
How to earn a travel agent certification
- Complete a certificate program.
- Earn an associate degree.
- Complete a hospitality industry course.
- Complete an itinerary planning course.
- Complete an international travel course.
- Complete an online travel agent course.
- Certified Travel Associate (CTA) Certification.
How do travel agents get paid?
Travel agents get paid on commission by hotels, airlines and resorts, but many more are charging fees on top of that because of their time. “You’ll see more agencies charging, say, $150 to $300 to put a trip together but then you get that back when you actually book with them.” 5. All travel agents are the same.
Is being a Disney travel agent hard?
There is a lot more busy work and time required than people think. If you want to be a good agent, it takes time (40+ hours a week, and a good year of hard work to get going).
How do people afford a trip to Disney World?
9 Ways to Afford a Disney Vacation
- Find A Side Hustle. The most obvious way to afford a Disney vacation is to make more money.
- Plan Ahead.
- Go When There Are Fewer Crowds.
- Stay At Disney Value Resorts.
- Go When Children Are Under 3.
- Use Disney Gift Cards And Credit Card Rewards.
- Plan A “Skip Day”
- Set Up A Disney Payment Plan.