Individual Agent Membership Provides instant industry recognition with the CLIA EMBARC ID, access to comprehensive professional development and training, cruise line and partner commission opportunities, and exclusive personal travel perks and discounts.
- 1 What is a CLIA number travel agent?
- 2 What is CLIA in travel and tourism?
- 3 What are the benefits of having a CLIA card?
- 4 What is the purpose of a travel agent?
- 5 Is a CLIA number the same as IATA?
- 6 Who needs a CLIA certificate?
- 7 What is the role of CLIA in cruise industry?
- 8 What cruise lines are part of CLIA?
- 9 Is Viking a member of CLIA?
- 10 Do travel agents need an IATA number?
- 11 How can I be a travel agent?
- 12 What is CLIA stand for?
- 13 What are the benefits of using the services of a travel agency?
What is a CLIA number travel agent?
CLIA Number – is a way for vendors to identify you as a travel agent. It is issued by the Cruise Lines International Association; without the ARC accreditation, CLIA agencies cannot issue airline tickets since CLIA numbers were designed specifically for cruise-focused travel agencies.
What is CLIA in travel and tourism?
CLIA UK & Ireland is a member of Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), the world’s largest cruise industry trade association with representation in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australasia, providing a unified voice and leading authority of the global cruise community.
What are the benefits of having a CLIA card?
Benefits You Get From a CLIA Card
- Ability to earn bonus commissions.
- Ability to expand your cruise line knowledge.
- Access to exclusive areas of the CLIA website.
- Access to marketing and sales tools.
- Cruise line training and education resources.
- Inside updates on any potential legislative updates that impact travel.
What is the purpose of a travel agent?
A travel agency’s main function is to act as an agent, selling travel products and services on behalf of a supplier. They do not keep inventory in-hand unless they have pre-booked hotel rooms or cabins on a cruise ship for a group travel event such as a wedding, honeymoon, or other group event.
Is a CLIA number the same as IATA?
CLIA numbers are issued by none other than the Cruise Lines International Association (hence, the acronym). It serves the same purpose as the ARC or IATA number, it’s just issued by another organization and has different barriers of entry and costs associated with it.
Who needs a CLIA certificate?
CLIA requires that any facility examining human specimens for diagnosis, prevention, treatment of a disease or for assessment of health must register with the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and obtain CLIA certification.
What is the role of CLIA in cruise industry?
CLIA’s mission is to promote policies and practices that foster a safe, secure and healthy cruise ship environment; educate and train its travel agent members; and promote and explain the value, desirability and affordability of a cruise holiday.
What cruise lines are part of CLIA?
Global Cruise Lines
- AIDA Cruises.
- American Cruise Lines.
- Carnival Cruise Line.
- Celebrity Cruises.
- Celestyal Cruises.
- Costa Cruises.
- Crystal Cruises.
Is Viking a member of CLIA?
Nearly every major cruise line in the world is a member of CLIA. Exceptions include Viking and several small-ship specialists such as UnCruise Adventures and Lindblad Expeditions.
Do travel agents need an IATA number?
IATA is considered to be one of the most basic resources for a travel agent because most airline bookings are done through the IATA portal. In order to book from IATA, the travel agent must get registered with IATA as an IATA travel agent. All travel agents who do so are known as non-IATA/independent travel agents.
How can I be a travel agent?
You could start your career right after high school, or you could put in one to four years to earn a certificate, associate’s, or bachelor’s degree in tourism. Of course, you could also change course from a related job, and morph your experience as, say, a destination wedding planner into a career as a travel agent.
What is CLIA stand for?
“CLIA” is the acronym for the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988. This law requires any facility performing examinations of human specimens (e.g., tissue, blood, urine, etc.) for diagnosis, prevention, or treatment purposes to be certified by the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services.
What are the benefits of using the services of a travel agency?
Benefits of Using A Travel Agent
- Travel is their expertise. The #1 benefit of using a travel agent when it comes to booking your family travel is because travel is their expertise.
- Destination knowledge.
- Cost savings.
- Travel assistance.
- Decreased stress.