Corporate travel agents are travel professionals that work with companies to manage their corporate travel arrangements. They act as travel managers and take on tasks related to booking flights and accommodation, arranging travel visas, and providing travel support while employees travel for business.
- 1 What is the role of a business travel agent?
- 2 Who are these corporate travel agents?
- 3 What is the most important job of travel agent?
- 4 What types of travel agents are there?
- 5 Is travel agent a good job?
- 6 How much commission does a travel agent get?
- 7 How long does it take to become a travel agent?
- 8 How do I get corporate travel clients?
- 9 What are the benefits of corporate travel management for a company?
- 10 What services a corporate travel agency can be helpful to their clients?
- 11 What skills do you need to be a travel agent?
- 12 What degree do travel agents need?
- 13 What are the positions in travel agency?
What is the role of a business travel agent?
A travel agent’s role is to help people plan, choose and arrange their holiday. They will usually work to a budget set out by whoever is planning the holiday. They also offer advice and opinions on where to go and local tourist attractions, events and customs.
Who are these corporate travel agents?
Corporate travel agents specialise in arranging business trips and planning events for the employees of companies. They do this while complying with the company policies of businesses and take care of the entire travel planning and booking from accommodation and flights to airport transfers and car rentals.
What is the most important job of travel agent?
Airline Ticketing and Reservation A travel agency sells a variety of tourism products. Airline ticketing and reservation is still a major source of revenue. Travel agencies perform a function of airline ticketing and reservation on behalf of various airlines.
What types of travel agents are there?
Travel agencies in the UK are either independent, multiple and miniple travel agents:
- Independent travel agents:are companies that cater for the needs of residents in small towns and villages.
- Multiple travel agents: Are companies which operate a chain of retail outlets through out the UK.
Is travel agent a good job?
Travel agents are among the most common and revered workers in the industry. If you love traveling or helping people fulfill their travel dreams, becoming a travel agent might be an excellent option. Nowadays, we all want a job that is flexible enough to save you some you-time while still promising financial stability.
How much commission does a travel agent get?
A 7% – 8% commission level is somewhat standard with host agencies working with self sufficient agencies. Independent travel agents earning 90% – 100% of the commission are usually high volume seasoned agents that require little to no support from the host agency.
How long does it take to become a travel agent?
How long does it take to become a travel agent? There are no industry standards for education and training for travel agents, so one can begin working in this field after high school graduation. Pursuing a certificate or an associate or bachelor’s degree in tourism before seeking a job can take one to four years.
How do I get corporate travel clients?
How to Get Corporate Clients for Travel Agency
- Networking. Networking works best among corporate people.
- Marketing. When marketing in the corporate sector, make sure you focus more on physical and real-life approaches.
What are the benefits of corporate travel management for a company?
9 Benefits of Using a Travel Management Company
- Cheaper Flights and Hotels.
- Expert Advice and Insight.
- 24/7 Help and Support.
- Assistance With Travel Policies.
- Consolidated Reporting.
- Travel Alerts or Warnings.
- The Use of Modern Technology.
- Greater Peace of Mind.
What services a corporate travel agency can be helpful to their clients?
The role of most agencies has been diversified into a series of services that can be divided into six main areas:
- 1) Travel Management.
- 2) Passenger assistance.
- 3) Consulting.
- 4) Marketing and internal communication.
- 5) Technology.
- 6) Leisure Services.
What skills do you need to be a travel agent?
Travel Agent Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong sales and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Excellent knowledge of computer reservation computer programs.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
What degree do travel agents need?
There are no specific requirements to be a travel agent, but a bachelor’s degree will open up more job opportunities, and certifications might make travel agents more marketable.
What are the positions in travel agency?
Careers in Travel Trade
- Travel Counsellor.
- Travel Agency Manager.
- Small Business Owner/Operator.
- Tour Operator.
- Tour Director.
- Reservations Sales Agent.
- Local Tour Guide.