What can AAA Travel Agents do for me? AAA Travel Agents can book flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, and tours, drawing on the resources of AAA Travel, a full-service travel agency.
- 1 What services does a travel agent provide?
- 2 Do you pay AAA travel agents?
- 3 What is a travel agent responsible for?
- 4 Is it cheaper to go through a travel agent?
- 5 What are the benefits of using the services of a travel agency?
- 6 How does a travel agent get paid?
- 7 How much do Triple A travel Agents Make?
- 8 Can you use AAA travel agent without a membership?
- 9 How do I plan a trip with AAA?
- 10 What are the disadvantages of using a travel agent?
- 11 What should I expect as a travel agent?
- 12 Do travel agents make good money?
- 13 Do you tip travel agents?
- 14 Do travel agents get free trips?
- 15 How much do travel agents make per booking?
What services does a travel agent provide?
What does a travel agent do?
- helping clients to find a suitable package holiday or to plan independent travel.
- checking the availability of the chosen holiday by telephone or computer.
- making bookings using a computer system.
- collecting payments and filling in booking forms.
- contacting clients when their tickets arrive.
Do you pay AAA travel agents?
Using a travel agent is even easier when you’re a AAA member because you get access to AAA travel agents for free with your membership. Still wondering why using a travel agent is worth it? Here are some common reasons to use a travel agent when you book your next vacation.
What is a travel agent responsible for?
A travel agent’s role is to help people plan, choose and arrange their holiday. They will usually work to a budget set out by whoever is planning the holiday. They also offer advice and opinions on where to go and local tourist attractions, events and customs.
Is it cheaper to go through a travel agent?
Not at all! The cost of using a travel agent is generally marginal, and oftentimes they won’t charge you at all. Much of their money comes from the hotels and wholesalers they do business with. Before you consult an agent, be sure you first inquire about fees.
What are the benefits of using the services of a travel agency?
Benefits of Using A Travel Agent
- Travel is their expertise. The #1 benefit of using a travel agent when it comes to booking your family travel is because travel is their expertise.
- Destination knowledge.
- Cost savings.
- Travel assistance.
- Decreased stress.
How does a travel agent get paid?
Travel agents get paid on commission by hotels, airlines and resorts, but many more are charging fees on top of that because of their time. Some agencies charge fees up front and then drop the fees when the client actually books.
How much do Triple A travel Agents Make?
How much does a Travel Agent make at AAA in the United States? Average AAA Travel Agent yearly pay in the United States is approximately $30,478, which is 29% below the national average.
Can you use AAA travel agent without a membership?
Like Costco Travel, AAA lets you book travel online without the help of an agent. Unlike Costco, non-AAA members can at least book flights, hotel rooms, cruises, and rental cars online without having to purchase a membership plan.
How do I plan a trip with AAA?
Visit a AAA branch to work with a specialist to plan your route and receive your personalized, printed, and bound TripTik. TripTik is available on the Auto Club App. Use the app to keep your planned trip at your fingertips along the way.
What are the disadvantages of using a travel agent?
Cons: Travel agents don’t always present the cheapest option. If you are price sensitive, the best option is to book online directly with the service provider. While agents can add perks and value add-ons, they don’t come cheap (think service fee and commission margins).
What should I expect as a travel agent?
Travel agents sell transportation, lodging, and admission to entertainment activities to individuals and groups planning trips. They offer advice on destinations, plan trip itineraries, and make travel arrangements for clients.
Do travel agents make good money?
The pay isn’t necessarily exorbitant—the median income is $38,700 a year, as reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics, but according to Pindar, it can actually be much higher. “Agents make anywhere from $50K to $100K on the low end and up to $250K to $500K annually,” says Pindar.
Do you tip travel agents?
A general rule of thumb followed by many is to leave 15 percent for average service, 20 percent for great service, and more than 20 percent for service that truly made the meal memorable. It gets a bit grayer when you talk about how – and if – to tip for truly inattentive service.
Do travel agents get free trips?
In truth, most of the time, travel agents don’t get free travel although they sometimes get discounts or a chance to keep the commission they would get on their own travel plans. Convention properties give them a cheaper trip to let them learn about their property on a working vacation.
How much do travel agents make per booking?
Some offer a meager $2 per reservation (regardless of value), while others based on incentives and productivity will pay commissions as high as 20%. Across the board the average commissions are 3% for Internet bookings, 3-5% on promotional rental rates and 10% on leisure rates booked through GDS distribution channels.