Here are a few tips:
- Look for the right certification. If the agent is a member of the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) (www.asta.org), that’s a promising sign.
- If at all possible, stay local. There’s no substitute for the personal touch.
- Interview the agent.
- Find out how they react under pressure.
- 1 What would you look for in a good travel agent?
- 2 How do I find a trustworthy travel agent?
- 3 What are the 4 types of travel agents?
- 4 What skills do travel agents need?
- 5 What skills should a travel agent have?
- 6 How does a travel agent get paid?
- 7 How do travel agents find the best deals?
- 8 What are the 5 A’s of tourism?
- 9 What do travel agents sell?
- 10 What is the most important job of a travel agent?
- 11 How do I market myself as a travel agent?
- 12 What are the disadvantages of being a travel agent?
- 13 How much do travel agents make per booking?
What would you look for in a good travel agent?
A great travel agent has the ability to think on their feet and adapt to new situations. Whether it’s a forced a schedule change, an unusual request, or a missed connection, quick-thinking is essential. Learn to stay calm and navigate emergencies like a pro.
How do I find a trustworthy travel agent?
When it comes to finding the perfect travel advisor, you can’t go wrong by visiting TravelSense.org, an easy-to-use site that allows you to find travel advisors verified by the American Society of Travel Advisors (ASTA) based on your destination and/or journey type.
What are the 4 types of travel agents?
Call centre travel agents. Internet travel agents. Independent travel agents. Multiple travel agents.
What skills do travel agents need?
Travel Agent Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong sales and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Excellent knowledge of computer reservation computer programs.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
What skills should a travel agent have?
- customer service skills.
- excellent verbal communication skills.
- the ability to sell products and services.
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- administration skills.
- active listening skills.
- persuading skills.
- a desire to help people.
How does a travel agent get paid?
Travel agents get paid on commission by hotels, airlines and resorts, but many more are charging fees on top of that because of their time. Some agencies charge fees up front and then drop the fees when the client actually books.
How do travel agents find the best deals?
They obtain much of their information from the same sources as the booking sites we use. Additionally, they receive daily deals via e-mails and faxes that cannot always be found on the Internet. Travel agents also can make phone calls and have direct communication with resorts and hotels to bargain for better deals.
What are the 5 A’s of tourism?
These key elements are known as the 5 A’s: Access, Accommodation, Attractions, Activities, and Amenities.
What do travel agents sell?
Travel and Tourism industry Travel agents are in the business to sell holidays and other travel products to a wide range of customers.
What is the most important job of a travel agent?
Travel Agent job profile They are responsible for advising clients about suitable travel options in accordance with their needs, wants and capabilities. In addition, they help them plan trips to domestic or international destinations, tours, accommodation, transport, insurance and fares.
How do I market myself as a travel agent?
9 Effective Ways to Market Your Travel Agency
- Practice your 30-second commercial.
- Create a monthly email newsletter.
- Add variety to your social media posts.
- Set up a booth at a local trade show or fair.
- Start a referral program.
- Advertise locally.
- Send direct mail to your clients.
- Plan a travel night.
What are the disadvantages of being a travel agent?
10 Cons of Being a Travel Agent
- Demanding. This job is pretty much 24/7.
- Stressful. Travel agents experience stress from all corners.
- Limited progression.
- Uncertain market.
- Lack of job security.
- You’ll constantly be away from home.
- Exposure to customer lawsuits.
- You control your paycheck.
How much do travel agents make per booking?
Some offer a meager $2 per reservation (regardless of value), while others based on incentives and productivity will pay commissions as high as 20%. Across the board the average commissions are 3% for Internet bookings, 3-5% on promotional rental rates and 10% on leisure rates booked through GDS distribution channels.