9 Ways to Become a Better Travel Agent
- Be Dependable. “Picking up the phone or quickly answering email is the first step to being a great travel agent,” said Alex Dalton, Travel with Alex, an affiliate of Travel Experts.
- Pay Attention to Detail.
- Be Inquisitive.
- Be Organized.
- Learn Damage Control.
- Be Kind.
- Be Resourceful.
- 1 What are the qualities of a good travel agent?
- 2 What are the benefits of being a travel agent?
- 3 What skills do travel agents need?
- 4 What are the roles and responsibilities of a travel agent?
- 5 Is being a travel agent easy?
- 6 Is a travel agent a good career?
- 7 How stressful is being a travel agent?
- 8 How do you train to be a travel agent?
- 9 What is a travel agent salary?
- 10 What education does a travel agent need?
- 11 What are the six qualities of a travel agent?
- 12 What is the most important job for a travel agent?
- 13 What do travel agency do on a daily basis?
What are the qualities of a good travel agent?
Honesty/integrity Another good quality of a travel agent is that he or she must be an honest person and his or her integrity must above board. If for example, there is a delay in securing or getting something ready, the travel agent must be honest with the client in relaying the notification to him or her.
What are the benefits of being a travel agent?
The Perks of Being a Travel Agent
- You get to share your passion.
- You travel and experience amazing cultures.
- You can be your own boss and work at home.
- You make lifelong connections.
- You’re selling a dream.
- It’s never boring.
- You’re connected with like-minded people.
- You get to share your expertise.
What skills do travel agents need?
Travel Agent Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong sales and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Excellent knowledge of computer reservation computer programs.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
What are the roles and responsibilities of a travel agent?
Responsibilities for Travel Agent
- Book air and ground transportation for clients.
- Research to locate the best pricing and options according to client’s specifications.
- Work to meet weekly and monthly sales goals as established by the company.
- Promote tours and vacation excursions through local media and PR channels.
Is being a travel agent easy?
You can start your own travel agency Of course, this will not be easy and will also take quite a lot of work. However, it is definitely possible to build a business in this field if you are willing to work hard and you are the entrepreneurial type of person who can’t just work for someone else for your whole life.
Is a travel agent a good career?
Travel agents are among the most common and revered workers in the industry. If you love traveling or helping people fulfill their travel dreams, becoming a travel agent might be an excellent option. Nowadays, we all want a job that is flexible enough to save you some you-time while still promising financial stability.
How stressful is being a travel agent?
Being a travel agent is a stressful job. Agents must keep up on all new traveling information as it develops. Those working for themselves will experience tough times if they don’t get enough customers. Travel agents market themselves by creating websites, belonging to travel consortiums, and networking.
How do you train to be a travel agent?
You could start your career right after high school, or you could put in one to four years to earn a certificate, associate’s, or bachelor’s degree in tourism. Of course, you could also change course from a related job, and morph your experience as, say, a destination wedding planner into a career as a travel agent.
What is a travel agent salary?
The BLS currently lists the average travel agent salary in 2019 as $44,690 with a range of $23,360 and $69,420 dividing the lower to upper 10% of travel agents. These results are similar to our most recent income report. We found an average income of $44,312 for hosted travel agents with 3+ years experience.
What education does a travel agent need?
There are no specific requirements to be a travel agent, but a bachelor’s degree will open up more job opportunities, and certifications might make travel agents more marketable.
What are the six qualities of a travel agent?
6 Characteristics of Successful Travel Agents
- 1 – They are highly organised. Travel agents are great planners.
- 2 – They have vision.
- 3 – They have great people skills.
- 4 – They are self-starters.
- 5 – They are internet savvy.
- 6 – They are natural explorers.
- 4 Comments.
What is the most important job for a travel agent?
A travel agent’s role is to help people plan, choose and arrange their holiday. They will usually work to a budget set out by whoever is planning the holiday. They also offer advice and opinions on where to go and local tourist attractions, events and customs.
What do travel agency do on a daily basis?
Travel agents assist clients by setting up their travel accommodations. On a daily basis, you communicate with your clients to understand their travel goals, book hotels, flights, tourism activities, and other transportation necessities, and ensure you schedule and complete all reservations in a timely manner.