To become a Disney specialized travel agent you first need to join an authorized travel agency that is registered with Disney as a seller of travel. Park Savers is one of the easiest companies to join online as they typically get you started training same-day and ready for booking within 24-48 hours.
- 1 How much does a Disney travel agent make?
- 2 Is being a Disney travel agent worth it?
- 3 How much do Disney vacation planners get paid?
- 4 How do I become an authorized Disney vacation planner?
- 5 How do you become a certified travel agent?
- 6 How do I become a travel planner?
- 7 How does a travel agent get paid?
- 8 How do you become an independent travel agent?
- 9 Does it cost more to use a travel agent?
- 10 How do I pick a Disney travel agent?
- 11 How does being a Disney travel agent work?
How much does a Disney travel agent make?
The average pay for a Disney travel agent is $21,951 a year, according to glassdoor.com. That’s at the lower end of the average pay scale for travel agents in general, which ranges from $20,670 to $61,890, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
Is being a Disney travel agent worth it?
Yes it can be fun and rewarding, but it takes long hours and at the end of the day you should get paid for your work. Every Disney Specialized Travel Agency pays differently but most pay you commission.
How much do Disney vacation planners get paid?
How much will I earn? You will receive 60% of the total agency commission. For example, if the agency is paid the standard 10% commission on a $4000 vacation ($400), as the travel agent, you would receive 60% ($240).
To be included in Disney’s EarMarked Program (and accepted as an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner), the travel agency must specialize in selling Disney Destinations. They must also demonstrate a multi-year track record of achieving high sales volume.
How do you become a certified travel agent?
How to earn a travel agent certification
- Complete a certificate program.
- Earn an associate degree.
- Complete a hospitality industry course.
- Complete an itinerary planning course.
- Complete an international travel course.
- Complete an online travel agent course.
- Certified Travel Associate (CTA) Certification.
How do I become a travel planner?
Travel Planner Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in travel, tourism, or an equivalent.
- Personal travel experience will be advantageous.
- Experience working in the travel industry.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Multilingual skills would be an advantage.
- Strong geographical knowledge.
- A good understanding of travel trends.
How does a travel agent get paid?
Travel agents get paid on commission by hotels, airlines and resorts, but many more are charging fees on top of that because of their time. Some agencies charge fees up front and then drop the fees when the client actually books.
How do you become an independent travel agent?
How to Start a Successful Independent Travel Agency
- Connect with a Host Agency. One of the best tips is to connect with a host agency to begin a career as an independent travel agent.
- Make Sure You Get the Necessary Training.
- Develop a Niche Market.
- Become the Expert.
- Give Your Customers the Service You Want for Yourself.
Does it cost more to use a travel agent?
Not at all! The cost of using a travel agent is generally marginal, and oftentimes they won’t charge you at all. Much of their money comes from the hotels and wholesalers they do business with. Before you consult an agent, be sure you first inquire about fees.
How do I pick a Disney travel agent?
What You Should Look For When Picking a Disney Travel Agent
- Make sure they’re an authorized Disney ticket reseller.
- Ask if the agent is up to date on his or her Disney College of Knowledge certification.
- Find an agent with on-site experience with the park or resort you’re visiting.
How does being a Disney travel agent work?
Disney travel agents provide a service to travelers by booking their trips, and Disney pays the agency a commission. The agency negotiates the commission split with agents, so you’ll receive a portion of the earnings.