To become a Disney specialized travel agent you first need to join an authorized travel agency that is registered with Disney as a seller of travel. Park Savers is one of the easiest companies to join online as they typically get you started training same-day and ready for booking within 24-48 hours.
- 1 How much can you make as a Disney travel agent?
- 2 How does being a Disney travel agent work?
- 3 How do I become a successful Disney travel agent?
- 4 Do travel agents get discounts at Disney?
- 5 Is a Disney travel agent worth it?
- 6 How do you become an independent travel agent?
- 7 How does a travel agent get paid?
- 8 Is it hard to be a Disney travel agent?
- 9 How do I become an authorized Disney vacation planner?
How much can you make as a Disney travel agent?
The average pay for a Disney travel agent is $21,951 a year, according to glassdoor.com. That’s at the lower end of the average pay scale for travel agents in general, which ranges from $20,670 to $61,890, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
How does being a Disney travel agent work?
Disney travel agents provide a service to travelers by booking their trips, and Disney pays the agency a commission. The agency negotiates the commission split with agents, so you’ll receive a portion of the earnings.
How do I become a successful Disney travel agent?
Top Tips from Successful Disney Travel Agents
- It will require a very personal love for all things Disney.
- Learn how to sell up, especially as your clientele matures.
- Visit as often as you can.
- Develop your personal expertise.
- Develop your personal service value proposition.
Do travel agents get discounts at Disney?
Qualified travel advisors who have completed the College of Disney Knowledge training can receive one discounted park ticket, from 1 to 10 days. Special travel agent rates are for also now available for 2021 reservations.
Is a Disney travel agent worth it?
While some agencies and agents definitely do a better job and have more thorough knowledge of Disney than others, the vast majority of them are helpful. If you are overwhelmed planning, a Disney TA can help. The first and biggest reason to use an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner is the service.
How do you become an independent travel agent?
How to Start a Successful Independent Travel Agency
- Connect with a Host Agency. One of the best tips is to connect with a host agency to begin a career as an independent travel agent.
- Make Sure You Get the Necessary Training.
- Develop a Niche Market.
- Become the Expert.
- Give Your Customers the Service You Want for Yourself.
How does a travel agent get paid?
Travel agents get paid on commission by hotels, airlines and resorts, but many more are charging fees on top of that because of their time. Some agencies charge fees up front and then drop the fees when the client actually books.
Is it hard to be a Disney travel agent?
To be successful as a Disney travel agent you need good communication skills. You will need to put in the hours to learn the Disney Destinations, like Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and Adventures by Disney. You also need to be more than just a big Disney fan.
To be included in Disney’s EarMarked Program (and accepted as an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner), the travel agency must specialize in selling Disney Destinations. They must also demonstrate a multi-year track record of achieving high sales volume.