To become a Disney specialized travel agent you first need to join an authorized travel agency that is registered with Disney as a seller of travel. Park Savers is one of the easiest companies to join online as they typically get you started training same-day and ready for booking within 24-48 hours.
- 1 Can anyone be a Disney travel agent?
- 2 Do travel agents get discounts at Disney?
- 3 How much do independent Disney Travel Agents Make?
- 4 Do Disney Travel Agents go for free?
- 5 How do you become an independent travel agent?
- 6 How do I become a successful Disney travel agent?
- 7 Is it worth it to be a Disney travel agent?
- 8 Do Disney Travel Agents cost money?
- 9 How do authorized Disney vacation planners get paid?
- 10 How do I become a travel planner?
- 11 Does it cost more to use a travel agent?
- 12 How does a travel agent get paid?
- 13 How do people afford a trip to Disney World?
Can anyone be a Disney travel agent?
Education Requirements Disney travel agents are generally not required to have a degree, but experience as a travel agent is helpful. If you’re not a travel agent yourself, you’ll need to register with a Disney Authorized Vacation Planner.
Do travel agents get discounts at Disney?
Qualified travel advisors who have completed the College of Disney Knowledge training can receive one discounted park ticket, from 1 to 10 days. Special travel agent rates are for also now available for 2021 reservations.
How much do independent Disney Travel Agents Make?
How much will I earn? You will receive 60% of the total agency commission. For example, if the agency is paid the standard 10% commission on a $4000 vacation ($400), as the travel agent, you would receive 60% ($240).
Do Disney Travel Agents go for free?
For starters, almost all Disney travel planners are 100% commission-free. That means you won’t pay a dime for their services. They’ll make sure you get you the best deals out there and you’ll never pay more than you need to. Another way a Disney travel agent can save you money is in the re-booking process.
How do you become an independent travel agent?
How to Start a Successful Independent Travel Agency
- Connect with a Host Agency. One of the best tips is to connect with a host agency to begin a career as an independent travel agent.
- Make Sure You Get the Necessary Training.
- Develop a Niche Market.
- Become the Expert.
- Give Your Customers the Service You Want for Yourself.
How do I become a successful Disney travel agent?
Top Tips from Successful Disney Travel Agents
- It will require a very personal love for all things Disney.
- Learn how to sell up, especially as your clientele matures.
- Visit as often as you can.
- Develop your personal expertise.
- Develop your personal service value proposition.
Is it worth it to be a Disney travel agent?
Yes it can be fun and rewarding, but it takes long hours and at the end of the day you should get paid for your work. Every Disney Specialized Travel Agency pays differently but most pay you commission.
Do Disney Travel Agents cost money?
Yes, it’s true. As a client, the services of Disney travel agents are totally free of charge. Disney pays out a small commission to the agency for doing the booking legwork, but that cost is never passed on to you.
Authorized Disney Vacation Planners are paid commission by Disney on the trips they book, so you’re not paying anything extra.
How do I become a travel planner?
Travel Planner Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in travel, tourism, or an equivalent.
- Personal travel experience will be advantageous.
- Experience working in the travel industry.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Multilingual skills would be an advantage.
- Strong geographical knowledge.
- A good understanding of travel trends.
Does it cost more to use a travel agent?
Not at all! The cost of using a travel agent is generally marginal, and oftentimes they won’t charge you at all. Much of their money comes from the hotels and wholesalers they do business with. Before you consult an agent, be sure you first inquire about fees.
How does a travel agent get paid?
Travel agents get paid on commission by hotels, airlines and resorts, but many more are charging fees on top of that because of their time. Some agencies charge fees up front and then drop the fees when the client actually books.
How do people afford a trip to Disney World?
9 Ways to Afford a Disney Vacation
- Find A Side Hustle. The most obvious way to afford a Disney vacation is to make more money.
- Plan Ahead.
- Go When There Are Fewer Crowds.
- Stay At Disney Value Resorts.
- Go When Children Are Under 3.
- Use Disney Gift Cards And Credit Card Rewards.
- Plan A “Skip Day”
- Set Up A Disney Payment Plan.